Saturday, February 25, 2017

Random Acts of Kindness: Generosity

     Don't you love receiving gifts? Doesn't it delight you to receive something extra that, while you may not have have actually NEEDED it, it lets you know that the giver cares for you? I'm not going to lie, I love to receive gifts. As much as I love getting gifts, giving them is ten times better! See, when you give someone a gift, you're letting them know that you care about them, and that you want them to be happy. It always a good idea to take some time to think about someone else. Giving is much better than receiving.

     I'm not just talking about giving Christmas presents to relatives. There are needy people all over the world who have NEVER received a gift. So here is my challenge: I want you to give a gift to someone you know needs it. Someone that you know would benefit from that gift. It could be anything from buying coffee for your friend, to sending money to a poor family in Haiti. The choice is up to you.

"Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed."
-Proverbs 19:17

Everyone loves a generous person, am I right?
                                        That's all for now!
                                                  -Mikey


No comments: