Thursday, February 9, 2017

Kids and Comedy - Jokes and other things...

So, we all know that the younger generation has a great grasp on technology.  We also know that some of the older generation is a bit slow on this topic.  This often can be helped with a patient young person who has the skill to text a paragraph to a friend in about seven seconds.  The older generation also doesn't seem to realize why we use slang such as dawg and sup when we can easily say man or how are you doing?


Anyway, I was watching some excerpts of the Jimmy Fallon show about his Instagram hashtag #MomTexts where kids send in funny texts their Moms sent.  One of the moms texted 'Aunt Mary died.  lol.  She thought lol meant 'lots of love.'  Lol actually means laugh out loud. This is a rather serious mistake if I do say so myself, but it is the thought that counts, right?  After he read this I about died laughing.  Not to be mean of course, but some of us have to create the laughs.


It seems that today the modern two-sided jokes have been replaced by one-sided puns.  I was searching for jokes to make people laugh and I ran across these.  I was about dying by the time I finished these so here you go.   


Feeling pretty proud of myself. The Sesame Street puzzle I bought said 3-5 years, but I finished it in 18 months.


My wife is so negative. I remembered the car seat, the stroller, AND the diaper bag. Yet all she can talk about is how I forgot the baby.


Adults are always asking little kids what they want to be when they grow up because they're looking for ideas.


I saw a sign that said "Watch for children" and I thought, "That sounds like a fair trade".


There's nothing like the joy on a kid's face when he first sees the PlayStation box containing the socks I got him for Christmas.


When you stop believing in Santa Claus is when you start getting clothes for Christmas!


My kids are very optimistic. Every glass they leave sitting around the house is at least half full.

That last one is so true.  Even as a kid I realize that I often do the same thing.  So if any of the younger generation are reading this remember to clean up after yourself and support your parents.  I hope I made someone laugh today!  Thanks onelinefun.com for the jokes!  (Some of the jokes on the website are inappropriate so be careful if you visit it.)  Also, if you have a favorite joke leave it in a comment to share the laughter!  - Justin

No comments: